The WTO/International Trade and Customs Law Group at LEXITAG represent exporters, importers and domestic manufacturers in various trade remedial cases in India and other foreign jurisdictions. We also have represented various exporters, importers and users across several industries including chemicals, rubber, paper, pharmaceuticals, steel, high technology goods in antidumping, safeguards and countervailing proceedings before authorities including the Directorate General of Antidumping, Directorate General of Safeguards, Customs, Excise and Service Tax Appellate Tribunal, High Court, Supreme Court and the European Commission. We also advise Indian exporters on anti-circumvention investigations in other jurisdictions.
Our Firm is also frequently called upon to render advice to various organisations such as the Indian Ministry of Commerce, the Planning Commission of India, and UNCTAD on WTO policy matters. We also have undertaken studies and prepared policy material on WTO compatibility of border measures taken by certain WTO Member against Indian exports, pricing policies including “dual pricing” on natural resources and natural resources based products. India’s position on emerging disciplines on Fisheries subsidies, structuring an expedited mechanism to address non-tariff barriers and reviewing IP commitments in FTAs entered into by India.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:-
- Commercial transactions including negotiations and documentation on International Trade, anti-dumping law, counter-veiling duties, safeguards, etc;
- Filling and responding to anti-dumping petitions, responding to questionnaires, working out the pricing, price undertaking; representation before designated authority;
- Commenting on preliminary or final results applicability of provisional duty and appeals; through the submission of briefs, and participation in hearing and in annual reviews;
- Legal analysis, preparation of complaints, consultations, settlement negotiations, preparation of legal and factual submission, making oral submissions, adjudication and implementation of dispute settlement reports. We keep close watch on initiation of antidumping, counter-veiling, safeguard cases in India and study the impact of the same on industry in question;
- Keeping track of preliminary and final findings on most of the antidumping, counter-veiling, safeguard cases initiated in India;
- Bilateral agreements, free trade agreements (FTAs), market access initiatives, foreign trade policy etc;
- Trade reports on various sectors.